Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2018 5:44 am  #1

C-Map Licenses etc...

A friend is currently is Tonga and bandwidth is limited.  He needs to purchase additional C-Map Charts.
If I use his credentials within my copy of Expedition and purchase and download the charts can I simply copy the files to a thumb drive and send it to him (a new crew member is joining the trip and could carry it with them).
I wasn't sure if Expedition would "See" the additional charts even if put them in the CMAP (Program Data/C-Map/Map Manager) directory.

Anybody familiar with their license process and if Expedition needs to do something else so it knows those charts are available.  i.e. is there an entry in the master database or something that won't get inserted if I just copy the charts over from a thumb drive.

Thanks

Last edited by unplugged (6/05/2018 5:48 am)

6/05/2018 12:39 pm  #2

Re: C-Map Licenses etc...

I don't know sorry. All the C-Map data is probably in that directory and it may work, but ...

6/11/2018 7:28 pm  #3

Does anyone know how to load any charts, I used to have the 4D version of Expedition, I took the courses, had my offshore route plotted,  and it stopped loading. I went to update my charts, Cmap sold me charts I could not use (i clicked on the wrong product, the card, but I have no card...and now I have no charts at all, but paid hundreds of dollars) and now regular expedition and no charts.  What do you use, ENC or?  Will good ol' Navionics charts work?

6/12/2018 2:32 am  #4

ShannonGemini wrote:

Does anyone know how to load any charts, I used to have the 4D version of Expedition, I took the courses, had my offshore route plotted,  and it stopped loading. I went to update my charts, Cmap sold me charts I could not use (i clicked on the wrong product, the card, but I have no card...and now I have no charts at all, but paid hundreds of dollars) and now regular expedition and no charts.  What do you use, ENC or?  Will good ol' Navionics charts work?

Hi - instead of hijacking two other discussions - Can you please open a new thread?

I currently use ENCs for the US as I get them free and they are updated regularly.

Board footera