Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2018 10:10 am  #1

Creating/updating Polars from log files?

All,
I see that you can import log files and overlay the data in the polar editor window, but I'm not getting it to work.  I can't seem to find any data points.  Anyone have any hints to what to look for in the raw log files for upwind or downwind data points to figure out what is valid?  For example, what data (columns) in the log file is it using to plot the data point?  BSP, Wind angle? true or apparent?  What's a valid wind angle to plot? 
The problem is I did a race the other weekend and it seems to have logged some good data, but when I import the data into the polar chart, I can't find any of the data points.   Not sure if I'm missing required fields or the ranges are off.   I checked varying TWS speeds but no luck.  FYI - in the log data i did find that my heading is stuck to the direction that the boat was heading when the instruments were turned on.  That's another issue I am looking at.
Thanks
Steve 

6/01/2018 1:49 pm  #2

Re: Creating/updating Polars from log files?

Expedition just needs TWA, TWS and BSP to draw the points on the polar edit window.

Board footera