Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2016 8:13 pm  #1

Mark import/export

Any way to export, edit and import marks & routes ?

I see it mentioned in manual, didn't see in eval
copy.

Last edited by sheldon.haynie (1/13/2016 8:23 pm)

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

1/14/2016 2:12 am  #2

Re: Mark import/export

See the Export and Import sections of the Marks panel

1/14/2016 9:50 am  #3

Re: Mark import/export

I probably should invest in new glasses.. Found them thanks..
FWIW: Seemed to have some issues on csv import, didn't always take file first time. 

If I wanted to "offset marks"  that are in deeper water, for tide/wind do I do that with alternate positions, and if so, then can I load sets of same name and have the routes automatically update, or do I need to create explicit "flood/slack/ebb" courses? 

For  typical 40' depth and 6' tide I would guess the USCG used quite a bit more than 50' of chain, if only to enable them to haul out for servicing. Not sure that knowing the position to a boat length is that important, except for laylines, though since half a boat width is used in the calculations, I'm guessing that the position of the mark is important.. Our YRA and club temporary marks often have way too much line to the anchor and move substantially as well. 

If there's a place for a feature request: 
 Define the default Range circle = "N"*Depth  and calculate the offset based on Tide  state & direction. At low tide the circle gets larger.  For land based e.g. Daymarks, or bridge piers, the min depth contour would be used as keep away. 

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

Board footera