Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2018 2:22 pm  #21

Re: Plotting Position Reports from YB

in the "View all" under race tracking,  It's hard to tell as there are 1000+ entries and I don't see a sort option, but I could not find it. If also  looked at different timestamps, I also could not find my boat.   it seem in the download during the race, it is missing my boat.

When I renamed the database file and started a new database and reloaded the YB tracking, I see my boat in the list and track. 

Is my boat excluded from the importing of the YB data because it was already listed in the boat list?

5/03/2018 2:30 pm  #22

Ok, I just ran another test, started with a clean database.  I updated my "My boat" to my actual boat name and then re-downloaded the YB tracking data.  
It seems that if your boat is already listed in the database, it will not import your data from YB.
Is that correct?
Thanks
Steve

5/03/2018 5:16 pm  #23

It will. It looks for your boat name in the database and if it isn't there, it adds it.

5/04/2018 7:39 am  #24

Ok, tried a new test.  It seems that the name is case sensitive.   If I start with a new database file and change "My Boat" to my boat name "Shadowfax" and if the YB has my name as "SHADOWFAX"( in upper case), the records do not match and I can't see my YB track.  If, before I do the import, my boat name matches the spelling and case that is in YB, it does import correctly.  It also seems that if you import the data with the wrong case, you can't just change or add it the boat list and get it to show up.   
Thanks
Steve

Board footera