Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2018 12:03 pm  #1

Expedition Remote Channels to B&G H2000 without Performance Processor

I am setting up a PC on a boat with a B&G h2000 instrument system, without the performance processor.

Can Expedition's custom remote channels such as target boatspeed and target TWA be sent to B&G displays while connected through an NMEA FFD?

4/12/2018 1:59 pm  #2

Re: Expedition Remote Channels to B&G H2000 without Performance Processor

You can't send all the data as you would with a performance processor, but with the Hydra NMEA 0183 connection, Exp does send some numbers - PolBsp%, Target Twa etc. See the Exp help.

4/15/2018 5:22 pm  #3

Thanks Nick. I was pretty sure that was what you meant in the manual, but now I understand there is a substantial difference between the capabilities of Hydra 2000 and the Hercules add-on. 

This might be a silly question, but what would happen if I connected Expedition directly to the B&G network using something like a ShipModul Miniplex? The device will forward plain-text sentences. and route them to the selected output. It does also support handshake. 

Is there any reason I shouldn't try this? 

4/15/2018 7:39 pm  #4

I don't think Shipmodul can send data in B&G's Fastnet format.

4/17/2018 7:37 am  #5

Thanks again!

I just received an email from Shipmodul, and it seems the device can output plain text to the host (PC) through USB. However, it cannot send plain text from the host back to the B&G system - only NMEA.

I suppose I'll be shopping for an old performance processor after all.

Board footera