Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2017 9:35 am  #1

Core:Initialize Error

Hi All,

Since I have upgraded to the latest software Expedition keeps crashing.  I get the acceptance of terms page, the program opens and I get an 'Exception' window appearing over the program saying

Exception Core:Initialize ERROR!!! and

Error when initialize CM library (Fonts not found).

When I click ok, the only option, the program closes.

I have reviewed the similar errors on the forum and followed all of the suggestions.  All of the windows software is up-to-date and all ofthe drivers from Intel etc. are also bang up-to-date. 
I have uninstalled and re-installed the program several times, including the maps manager.
I am running Windows 10 and it is the 4D version of the program.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance,

Al.

Last edited by zap (5/01/2017 9:40 am)

5/01/2017 10:49 am  #2

Re: Core:Initialize Error

I haven't heard of this problem before.

C-Map changed the fonts used a while back for 4D to use a Google font.

​In the Exp 4D installation folder, you should see a folder called Resources. Are all these files there?

Resources
    - 4DSDK.cfg
    - Fonts
        - font.config
​        - latin.fnt
​        - NotoSansCJK-Regular.ttc
​        - NotoSans-Regular.ttf
​        - NotoSansTable.txt
​        - NotoSansThai-Regular.ttf

5/01/2017 11:52 am  #3

Nick wrote:

I haven't heard of this problem before.

C-Map changed the fonts used a while back for 4D to use a Google font.

​In the Exp 4D installation folder, you should see a folder called Resources. Are all these files there?

Resources
    - 4DSDK.cfg
    - Fonts
        - font.config
​        - latin.fnt
​        - NotoSansCJK-Regular.ttc
​        - NotoSans-Regular.ttf
​        - NotoSansTable.txt
​        - NotoSansThai-Regular.ttf

Yes, all of this is there.

5/01/2017 2:55 pm  #4

Hello,

​I am not sure why C-Map won't be reading those files. When you uninstall Exp, maybe make sure the Exp install folder is deleted incase some sort of permissions are messed up.

​Often I suggest to people to run the Expedition System restore when something odd happens too.

I don't know if manually installing the Noto fonts will help

https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/install/

In addition to the Google web install help, I think you can right-click on a font file and select install from the pop up menu.

Last edited by Nick (5/01/2017 2:57 pm)

5/02/2017 1:12 pm  #5

Hi Nick,

Many thanks for your help, however, this didn't work and I still have the same error.

5/03/2017 8:49 pm  #6

Zap
​I had this several times. Can you start exp.4d with a raster chart at startup? If so, uninstall the c-map mapsmanager delete all your c-map maps from the hd, reinstall mapsmanager and download the maps again. This worked on my systems ...

5/03/2017 11:18 pm  #7

Did that fix it permanently? For some reason, the fonts C-Map uses weren't being loaded. No idea why unfortunately.

Zap seems to have fixed it by not having a lot of grib files loaded at the start which is rather odd.

Last edited by Nick (5/03/2017 11:18 pm)

4/01/2018 8:26 pm  #8

Hello!
Zap, did you resolve your issue?

did anyone get this same Core Error recently (March 2018) when trying to update C-Map charts....and now Expedition will not start?
I have no SD Card Charts, but that is what C-Map gave me and claim that is what I downloaded, but I could not have, as I have no SD Card, and now, no charts at all in Expedition: and now the CMap section is actually not selectable. 

I can re-load Map Manager each time and get the 1-500,000 world chart, but that is it. everywhere, and cannot zoom in, in general, and if I do, straight blocky coastline.
Then Expedition will not load after that one time.

Anyways, not really any solution that anyone had...just wanted to know if anyone else had it resolved after the Core Error....
And if you lose all your charts...and have to reload...messes up the courses...thoughts?

4/01/2018 11:04 pm  #9

I presume you have installed Maps Manager? Have you looked at the C-Map My Maps interface in Exp?

4/01/2018 11:34 pm  #10

Yes, it's loaded and have to do it each time, but now cannot open it at all, it just hangs after I accept the first screen, then just the "circle of death", lol, "not responding". so I cannot get to anywhere any more.  Am going to remove and re-install and see what happens! ;-)

Board footera