Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2018 1:24 pm  #1

Waves Correction Table

Optimization Settings provides the option to use the "Waves Correction Table" to adjust Polars for wave height and swell direction when such data is available from Grieb files.  Does anyone have any experience using this feature, or know how to create, load and edit Expedition's Waves Correction Table.

3/11/2018 3:27 pm  #2

Re: Waves Correction Table

There is a waves button on the optimal panel.

They are bsp % values. The axes are angle to the boat and wave height in metres.

​It uses the significant wave height and primary swell direction if available. The local wind wave effects should really be covered in your rough water polar.

There is a little in the help about it, but this is really all it is.

3/12/2018 8:25 am  #3

Thanks Nick; most helpful.

4/01/2018 8:51 pm  #4

LarryJFoxRhino, do you have some wave polars you can share?

4/02/2018 6:11 am  #5

Regretably, we do not yet have sound rough water polars or a wave correction table.  Works in progress.

4/02/2018 8:03 am  #6

Anything you can share that we can use as a starting point would be great, can do some real life testing in a couple of weeks.

4/02/2018 11:50 am  #7

Waiting to get the boat back from Australia so we can get to work on this.  Put a new keel on LY (reduced weight, more efficient fin with shorter cord length, deeper draft) so we are pretty far back in the process.

3/01/2020 5:04 pm  #8

Hi everyone - does someone have a sample wave correction table?

6/13/2023 11:59 am  #9

Hello, I would like to use the wave correction table. This has 80% for waves higher than 1m. I set the option "correct polar for waves if available".
The optimal route with or without the option is exactly the same. 
I use Saildocs, GFS Model and Waves data.
br Wolfgang

6/13/2023 12:54 pm  #10

What wave data do you have?

If you select WIND, WAVES etc from the GFS option in Saildocs, it doesn't give you any wave directions.

I will add wave directions for the next update.

Board footera