Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2017 5:35 pm  #11

Re: Digital charts for Canada

Nick
Does that mean in Australia, with its mix of CMAP MAX and 4D coverage, running two copies of Expedition in order to accommodate both possibilities?
Cheers

4/01/2017 7:30 pm  #12

They are much the same data, except you can also get raster charts with the 4D.

​At the end of the day, it makes sense to settle on one or the other. 4D is the future for C-Map, but if you are sharing charts, Deckman can only use the MAX.

4/02/2017 4:44 pm  #13

I have recently gone over to the 4D charts for sailing in Australia and the Caribbean but still have most of the world in the old CMAP max format. I have both versions of Expedition loaded and so just open the standard version if I want to access my old charts. It seems to work fine, for now. As I upgrade my charts I will slowly switch over to 4D versions. Cheers, Will.

4/02/2017 4:52 pm  #14

Thanks Will
That's as I suspected, 2 parallel versions of Expedition.  I take it there are no crossover issues, i.e. transitioning from one map technology to the other?
Cheers

4/02/2017 5:18 pm  #15

It seems to be just fine.

4/01/2018 7:59 pm  #16

Hello anyone who needs Canadian charts!  Pacific West Coast is what I need

​What are you using?  Yes, I see we have to pay in advance for the Canadian Charts....is it worth it? 

​I cannot use CMap as they have ruined my chart situation: 
​I was using C-Map charts for Expedition, and never used SD Card for them....bought the whole Pacific Coast from Alaska to Hawaii, and in between......and then....have updated them before, and now.... I updated them this week, after Expedition warned me my charts were seriously or dangerously ;-) out of date, lol...and then, nothing seems to download...C-Map says something is up to date, but won't quite update it...as of course I have no SD Card....but that is what it is trying to update...as I must have made a mistake when updating what version, or "added SD?!?!"  and now CMap won't give me anything I can use, so I am working on that issue...seriously shocked they cannot see what I downloaded before...and now they are insisting i downloaded MD something or other, I don't even know what they are talking about...

​THEN, i go back to Expedition, you guessed it: error...it can't find the md or similar, augh...and then...i re-load MapManager.... again.... and now, yep, no charts!!! NONE, just ugly straight lines...then I try  to go to re-load anything else...nope, just the 1-500,000 world chart...

​What are our PacNW Canadian options, not many I know.
Thank you for any suggestions.

4/02/2018 3:36 am  #17

Make a phone call to Jeppesen, they are good guys.

4/02/2018 11:58 am  #18

The Official US ENC and RNC charts from the Pacific coast and Hawaii are available free of charge from NOAA. 

​The Canadian ones cost, see the link on the Exp web page. Generally the Canadian ENCs are probably easier to deal with as I don't think there is any encryption involved.

Board footera