Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2018 9:10 pm  #1

Dashed lines on optimized route

Recently my optimized routes are showing up as dashed lines in some section vs solid throughout.  This seem different than previously.  What do the dashed lines represent on the optimized route?

Thank you,

Jason

2/22/2018 11:21 am  #2

Re: Dashed lines on optimized route

Port and starboard tack 

2/22/2018 7:12 pm  #3

Thank you Ian

I don't see that as a constant.  It changes from solid to dashed and back again multiple times on the same tack.  Is it possibly sail changes?  That might make sense as it might have started to change when I started using a new sail charts.

I appreciate the response.

Jason

2/23/2018 11:57 am  #4

Hi, I am wondering the same thing. When looking at the optimal results it has a negative twa in ( ) around the time it goes dashed. I am thinking that this is a result of extending the wind in time on further out routes when Grib doesn’t cover a time slot but as I’m new to the software I’m not sure how the function works. Any help would be appreciated...

Alex

2/23/2018 12:05 pm  #5

It indicates tacking or gybing. Similarly, it is indicated with () in the text table.

2/23/2018 12:43 pm  #6

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Alex

Board footera