Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2017 9:23 am  #11

Re: Pacific Cup Tracking Practice.

Awesome.  I'm definitely getting closer.  I am still having issues when I try to import the .csv into Expedition, it says "unable to open file".  Maybe the format that I have is not right, because I am having to cut and past the information from the test of an email.  Is there an example of the format that Expedition needs?  Thank you again for the help.

5/29/2017 12:00 pm  #12

See the Exp help and also the YB files downloaded by Exp or manually from the YB web.

6/08/2017 4:39 pm  #13

Struggling myself to use YB tracker on the B1-2.  Should I be able to edit the boat file and get rid of last years Bermuda boats.  I try to delete and it says no boat selected.  Else the new race BoatIDs are all wrong.  Thanks in advance for such a great forum and product.

6/08/2017 6:53 pm  #14

The boat id file should download when you use the YB Tracking.

​All the old boats will be in the db too. If you want to remove them, you can use MS Access or use a new database.

6/11/2017 1:48 am  #15

mtstpipier wrote:

Struggling myself to use YB tracker on the B1-2.  Should I be able to edit the boat file and get rid of last years Bermuda boats.  I try to delete and it says no boat selected.  Else the new race BoatIDs are all wrong.  Thanks in advance for such a great forum and product.

Pipier, Highlight the boat number, not the name, then the delete will work
Cheers,
Ernie

2/19/2018 8:24 pm  #16

Hello again
I am still hung up on this issue of using YB tracking while off shore.  I have become quite proficient at using it in range of internet connectivity, but as soon as we get off shore, I seem to be technically inept.  In the last transpac, I was receiving the text files from SailMail, but had to manually input the information as the format did not seem right for expedition direct import (even though it was the Expedition version of the txt file.  I also was not succesful in getting the irdium go to work with XGate directly.
Nick, could you please sedn me a sample file to my email of the proper format, from there I should be able to repeat with the correct information and file location.  I also note that there is a YB XML option.  Where can I get these files and might those be a better option.
Again, I appreciate any and all help.
All the best,
Jason

2/19/2018 9:18 pm  #17

Have a look at the Exp help. The formats and requirements are specified in there. Note that you need both a boat id file and a position report file.

​You can also use the YB Tracking download or manually download to see examples of the files.

​The xml is from the API option in the YB Tracking download. It isn't as useful offshore as the files are a lot larger. It is only designed to get multiple positions.

Board footera