Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/23/2017 3:17 am  #1

Optimum results graph

All, winding up to what looks like a really, really, really quick ride to Hobart, 2 days of running, a fair bit of it on A4s, thinking about carrying two of them instead of some other frontsail.  Then a gnarly (i.e. all over the place) change about Tasman Island for we TPs.  Great fun!
My question is about interpreting the Optimum/Results/Graph i.e. Untick the Table tickbox having run routings.  On my screen all the lines are black except for rain (blue).  I get the bottom of the graph (TWS/TWD), I don't know what the top cigar shape is, and I see three other black lines which must be TWS, air temp and barometer.  But which line is which?
See you in Hobart.

12/23/2017 7:45 am  #2

Re: Optimum results graph

Duncan,
The colours are controlled by the Weather tab/Settings then if you have MSLP set to 'blue' it will be blue on the optimized chart as well, if a graph line is in question you can go to that feature on the WX Tab/Settings and set one to say red and you'll know which is which.

Good luck in the Hobart!
Ernie

12/25/2017 2:57 am  #3

I'm hunting down info on the "rain units".  I don't see them documented anywhere...  Seems like they must be millimeters.  Anyone able to confirm?

12/25/2017 9:49 am  #4

mm (or kg/m2).

12/25/2017 1:00 pm  #5

I notice that the meteogram reflects the fields selected, and Rain in all the models (I have) are labeled "Rain mm/h". 
 Wonder if this is always the case with all gribs??  

Board footera