Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2017 12:34 pm  #11

Re: Volvo Ocean Race

Thanks - http://yb.tl/Links/VOR2017

​You just need to use VOR2017 in Exp's YB Tracking.

​You can tell Exp's scheduler (from the application menu) to poll the positions at regular intervals.

The API option can be used to retrieve old positions.

10/25/2017 12:33 am  #12

Thanks Nick, have tried scheduler and it seems to run once then deselects itself and stops running. Your manual says it will do this if the report is old. Is there something I'm doing wrong or something they are doing?? The boats file has more boats than entered and are using random yellow brick boat Id's so they are not going overboard with making it easy!!

10/25/2017 2:37 am  #13

1. It sounds great, but I can't see any boats on the map or in "Tracking" at Race Tracking menu. I have put vor2017 into the YB Tracking. I can see a list of YB boats in the Boat Editor. What to do?
2. Someone that has a polar for VO65 in Expedition format?

Thanks in advance :-)

10/25/2017 2:40 am  #14

set the expedition time to be equal to before the time of the last position report.

10/25/2017 4:15 am  #15

Dag wrote:

1. It sounds great, but I can't see any boats on the map or in "Tracking" at Race Tracking menu. I have put vor2017 into the YB Tracking. I can see a list of YB boats in the Boat Editor. What to do?

1. Of course set one boat as "reference boat" in the boats menu
2. I have one  (from virtual race site VLM)  - pm me

10/27/2017 4:49 am  #16

mitchell14 wrote:

Dag wrote:

1. Of course set one boat as "reference boat" in the boats menu
2. I have one  (from virtual race site VLM)  - pm me

I am not allowed to send you PM. Great if you can send me the polar to dskars@online.no. Thanks again.

11/07/2017 2:45 am  #17

This all seemed to be working till yesterday now stopped is this me or is anybody else having the same problem??

11/07/2017 5:21 am  #18

Same here. Everything going well until yesterday; my last downloaded tracking update was 1948UT. I suspect that it is a YB Issue.

11/11/2017 6:23 pm  #19

Saw chatter elsewhere that the YB  link was discontinued, can down load  the position  report  in  either  "SQUID" or "ADRENA" formats. Reformatted to match MIddle Sea  Race file format and  it uploaded boats,
​at which point  I found that I had all 112 of those boats still loaded. Could  not delete them....
​removed  boatids file etc  no effect

​Any suggestions on how to  clean out old  boats? and easiest  manner to  bring in positions if YB not  working ?

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

11/11/2017 9:26 pm  #20

The boats are stored in the database, normally Expedition.mdb.

Board footera