Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2017 8:34 pm  #1

Routing dotted tracks

This is two queries in one:
1.  I have just run a routing.  Part of the optimised route is dotted, see the image below if I have succeeded at Imgur 101.  I haven't seen this before, what does it signify?
2.  I have actually done an ensemble routing, two quite different optimised routes, different colours, and neither colour would blend into the background.  However only one shows.  I have come across this before some time back.

https://imgur.com/a/jcw0M

10/06/2017 11:39 pm  #2

Re: Routing dotted tracks

ive had that as well - i assume its a new feature as i see in the optimum course detals there is now a graph - so if someone can describe what that is communicating that woukd also be helpful

10/07/2017 1:46 am  #3

Afaik, the dotted part of the optimum route is where you need to tack/gybe and get max vmg (should align with the TWA in between brackets in the route)

10/07/2017 1:48 pm  #4

Yes, the dashes are to indicate tacking or gybing. I have some other ideas to improve this too.

You can also display the route optimisation results as the standard table or as a meteogram. When I updated the meteogram a couple of months ago, it made sense to have the option to use it for routing too.

10/08/2017 3:02 pm  #5

Thanks Nick, a good feature.  Will make the explanation of upwind and downwind being a leg and not a heading a bit more transparent.
OK, I made the mistake of putting two questions in one topic.  Do you have a view as to why only one optimal track would appear?

10/08/2017 6:01 pm  #6

I can see two tracks in that picture.

10/08/2017 6:10 pm  #7

OK Nick, maybe my eyesight.  One track is red, where is the blue track?  The green lines are wind and baro

Board footera