Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2017 6:20 am  #1

Settings not saved

I have problems making changes in Expedition interface stick between sessions. Any changes in settings are reverted after I restart Expedition.

For instance:
* After changing a channel in a number box, the changes are reverted after Expedition restarts
* Changes in selected channels to output through iDataNet or Expedition (to Ventus) are reverted after Expedition restarts

It makes sense that such settings are stored in the Expedition data folder (in my case C:\ProgramData\Expedition). That folder has security settings that prevent standard user from writing there but I guess it is a different case when an application try to store its settings.

Has anyone experiences anything similar and has a fix?

10/02/2017 11:07 am  #2

Re: Settings not saved

The display states are saved in C:\ProgramData\Expedition\States\

​It sounds as if Exp isn't being allowed to write to the data folder. Possibly the user or privileges have changed. I would suggest updating the privileges for the Exp data folder and all sub-folders and files.

10/06/2017 6:24 am  #3

Re: Settings not saved

I moved the Expedition folder to outside of Window´s protective care and then it works. It also seems like I could force the changes by saving the display independently. 

However, it is a bit surprising not other persons have problems keeping their data in the C:\ProgramData as this is set default to read-only by windows operating system.

In any case: Problem solved.

Board footera