Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2017 3:35 am  #1

Yellow Brick updates on a schedule

Is it possible to have the YB updates run on a schedule? Say download latest data every 15 mins?

If not, can you do a scheduled task to download the file from YB? Is there a naming convention that needs to be followed?
Looks like the files are currently saved as YYMMDDHHMM.txt. Can one just download manually a file (via a script) to the PositionReports folder and have it load up in the UI automatically?

What does the multiple APIs tick box do?

8/02/2017 5:57 am  #2

Re: Yellow Brick updates on a schedule

Not Nick, but this is part of the function of race schedules and it works flawlessly if you have an internet connection.

pjl

8/02/2017 12:23 pm  #3

Yes - see the scheduler on the Application menu.

8/02/2017 3:08 pm  #4

Excellent, found it. Thanks very much.

8/02/2017 6:12 pm  #5

There is also the API option on the YB interface. This lets you download previous positions. It should be mentioned in the help.

8/03/2017 6:21 am  #6

It would be very helpful if someone could post the steps to use the API file after download.  I can get the file, but have been baffled trying to use it.  My bad, but need tech help here.  I think that this API should provide the ability to get a complete file of the race and then play it back using Exp race tracking.  Is this correct?

Thx, pjl

8/03/2017 12:03 pm  #7

There aren't any additional steps. The YB Tracking interface does all the download and importing to the database for you.

8/04/2017 5:49 am  #8

After the API import runs successfully with a quantity of 300 requested, and I see a large HTML file in the Position Reports folder, I get an "unable to create" message and the position reports do not plot with the tracking command selected, as would be the normal action during the race when downloading real time individual position report files.

What am I missing?

TIA, pjl

8/04/2017 12:11 pm  #9

Ignore the file - you do not do anything with it.

​When does the unable to create error message appear? Which race are you downloading?

8/05/2017 5:31 am  #10

trying to download "bayviewmack2017-cove", select YB tracking, check API with 300 records(?) entered, a 6834 file downloads, and then the "unable to create" errors appears.

I'm stopped dead at that point.

Thx for the insight, pjl

Board footera