Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2017 2:06 pm  #1

Difficulty routing inside SFBay?

I'm sitting at my desk, trying to figure out if I want to enter the Three Bridge Fiasco, a single/doublehanded Pursuit race that starts in front of GGYC and then goes around Yerba Buena (Bay Bridge), RedRock (near RichmondBridge) and YRA-16 (near GG Bridge) in either order or direction, finishing where it started.

Loaded the weather, set the start time to Sat AM per SI for my rating, and had at it, as choice of direction is a huge difference given currents and generally light air forecast. 

Initially I was getting sensible results, other than the routing crossing various bits of land, so I added offset marks and race notes as needed to keep away from islands and peninsulas   

I created a "reversed" course to check the alternative, and suddenly am not able to get past "unable to sail from mark or start position" message. 

Swapping the ends didn't seem to help, nor did re-reversing to original 
Tried setting Postition to the start line, no joy.

Using "best chart"  BSB 3.0 Chart San Francisco to Point Arena 

Any suggestions? 

Last edited by sheldon.haynie (1/25/2017 3:24 pm)

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

1/25/2017 3:32 pm  #2

Re: Difficulty routing inside SFBay?

Sheldon
I just tried a route I was working with this morning.  Getting your same result.  Then switched to the wx I downloaded this AM and it works fine. Back to the new WX and problem back.  I tried a couple different NOAA models GFS and NAM Conus same deal.  Maybe a problem at NOAA server???
UEP  (unexplained electronic phenomenon)
Ernie

1/25/2017 3:45 pm  #3

Re: Difficulty routing inside SFBay?

Possible that I changed the weather, I am behind the Fortune 200 Firewall here as well and sometimes the proxy gets fussy (get message from Predict wind that the account is not setup for 1km data) amd other times can't reach NOAA. 

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

Board footera