Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2017 8:06 am  #1

Optimization Results

Am I missing something?
I recently had to install Exp on a new machine. I've updated to 10.5.8 and all seems to be A-OK
However when I do an Optimization and look at the results/details the Sail column shows the same sail (J4) for all points even with different TWA TWS and even Reverse course.  I went into ProgramData/Exp/Sails/Sailchart.txt and changed all the j4's to J3 and now my details show all J3's...so I know I'm in the right place.

Could I have neglected something?
Any ideas are appreciated,
Ernie

1/21/2017 11:43 am  #2

Re: Optimization Results

I will have a look at it this morning. Possibly it got broken by the change to support the KND sail chart.

1/22/2017 12:52 am  #3

Same result here (10.5.8): always showing J4

I don't have KND, but is case I would have had both a KND and an Exp sail chart, how can I configure which one to use for Opt routing and/or number boxes?

1/22/2017 11:00 am  #4

Maybe related:  in the Exp sail chart the names of the sails (J2, J3 etc) are not always visible anymore, are shown twice or not located at the center of the sails sweet spot area.

Last edited by ZeeZee (1/22/2017 11:37 am)

1/23/2017 12:56 pm  #5

Hello,
That table is fixed for the next update.
​Exp used the sail chart option that is selected in the sail chart window.

1/23/2017 1:25 pm  #6

Thanks Nick!

Board footera