Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2017 6:54 pm  #1

C-Map 4D max+

i have downloaded the trial version of expedition 4D and able to see the base charts - so i presume my graphics drivers are OK.  Will the 4d Max+ charts work, as it would be useful to have the detailed satellite maps available as an overlay, or do i have to purchase the base 4D charts?

i am currently running maxsea on a furuno navnet system and already have the c-map MM3D charts on ny nav computer and laptop.  Can expedition access and use these charts, or do i have to purchase the 4d or 4d max+ charts?

Thanks

1/03/2017 7:12 pm  #2

Re: C-Map 4D max+

Hello,

You need to install the C-Map Maps Manager, available on the Exp download page. This app will automatically update itself over time.

C-Map delivers these accounts online. If you have an account with C-Map and already own 4D charts, then these are automatically available. You access the C-Map web service using C-Map web store and C-Map My Maps from Exp.

The MM3D charts are not compatible unfortunately.

​Obviously in some countries (eg US, NZ, Brasil, Argentina etc), you also have the option of official, free charting.

1/06/2017 3:01 pm  #3

Nick,

A quick follow up question. How does it work if you've got an existing Max folio, with dongle, and want to buy further coverage using the 4D Max+ service? Can you mix both - i.e. keep my existing Max coverage, updated for the usual fee, and add on new coverage in 4D Max+?

Thanks,

Tom

1/07/2017 10:38 am  #4

Unfortunately, the two chart systems are completely different. You can have both types of Exp installed, but only run one at a time.

1/09/2017 2:23 pm  #5

Thanks - I'd feared that might be the case. 

Tom

Board footera