Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2016 5:13 pm  #11

Re: Licensing question.

Hi Nick,

I recently acquired Expedition through Selig in NY.

I have the dongle and am using Expedition primarily on my boat with laptop and linked toughpad, but have a copy on my desktop at home for trip planning.  My question is - if I lay out a route or enter marks for an upcoming race on one computer, can I copy those marks to a separate thumbdrive (or the dongle) and then use them on the other computer?
Thanks,
Chris

12/14/2016 6:26 pm  #12

Hi, by default, marks and routes are stored in the marks.dat file which can be found in the Expedition data folder. You can copy this file to your stick and then import it to your new computer. You will get everything in the marks file. Alternatively if you just want to copy across your active route  you can Export the route as a GPX file and then import this GPX file onto your other computer. The export and import function can be found under the Marks tab. Cheers, Will.

12/14/2016 6:29 pm  #13

Hi, One other thing you can rename your marks file to avoid confusion with the marks file on the other computer. You point to the marks DB file you wish to use under Settings, System.
Will.

12/15/2016 5:54 am  #14

Also, starting with 10.5.3 there is a nice feature to use a custom folder as the Expedition data folder.  When you use a OneDrive or Google Drive folder for this you can sync the date between your home PC and the one on the boat.  So no need to use a USB dongle anymore!

Board footera