Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/20/2016 7:36 am  #1

Damped channels for iDataNet

Hello,
In the number boxes in Expedition I use damped values for some channels. I damp for example the TWD by 1min, 10min and 30min to get the 'average' wind direction for these times. Comparing the current wind direction it helps to see if we sail in a lift or a header.

I'd like to send the damped channels like this to the iDataNet App, so the tactician on board can easily see the average wind directions using the App and doesn't have to ask me every few minutes for it - he's not very good in remembering numbers ;-)

In the "KND Sailing Performance settings" I can select all channels and also have the option to "Send damped", but this doesn't include damping for 1min/10min/30min etc. like in the number boxes.

11/20/2016 9:09 am  #2

Re: Damped channels for iDataNet

when you are interested in winds trends, wouldn't it be MUCH easier (and more informative!) to use stripcharts instead of dampened number boxes?
You can use a remote desktop app to view Stripchart on your iPhone/pad.   Or use the Ventus app to to display stripcharts and other expedition data channels.

Board footera