Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2018 10:15 pm  #1

YB Tracking & XML; pathes for first three boats only

Hi,
when I'm trying to track "aar2018", fully tracks are loaded for the first three boats only when I use the last e.g. 10000 positions through the API link. Even when downloading the XML directly and importing it, only the first three boats have their full tracks drawn. All other boats are only loaded with their latest positions, which can be seen in the database (Tracking -> View All)
After this initial run, tracks from all other boats are displayed from that point onwards.
Looking at the XML directly, all positions are there. http://live.adventuretracking.com/xml/aar2018?n=10000.

I've played with a number of combinations of options, like archive position file etc, to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated.

7/16/2018 4:22 am  #2

Re: YB Tracking & XML; pathes for first three boats only

The same happens when a machine was offline for a few days (in my example, 13/07/2018 12:00 to 16/07/2018 12:00). When trying to catch up with tracks, only a few boat's tracks are loaded completely. Other tracks appear interrupted.
Looking at the database, for some of the boats, the position reports are loaded between the dates the machine was offline. Other boats show the last position at 13/07 12:00 and have their next position at 16/07. No combination of options change anything. Using the API parameter with 10000 last positions, it downloads a near 5MB file, yet only half of this is imported. The same happens when downloading the XML file (which has all the positions in them, verified manually), they are not all imported through Tracking -> YB XML, Import.

7/16/2018 5:26 am  #3

Re: YB Tracking & XML; pathes for first three boats only

Ah, just found the issue. The tracks have been downloaded until the system hit this line in the XML:
<Device serial="6079" name="Eärendil" marker="5">

The boat name contained the "ä" character which had not been converted to UTF-8 (Unicode). From there onwards, the XML file was considered invalid. I've changed it with an XML editor and it all loads fine!

Hope this might help someone.

Board footera