Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2018 12:10 am  #1

Opening new sail chart

I've loaded a new sail chart in the sail chart sub directory of Exp file.  When I try to open it all I have is the Exp sail chart.  No new chart with new name.  What did I miss?

2/22/2018 3:55 am  #2

Re: Opening new sail chart

Are you sure you put it in
C:\ProgramData\Expedition\Sails
There's a couple similarly named files...
Ernie

2/22/2018 7:47 am  #3

Thanks for the reply Ernie, and in the other thread.  Yes it is in C:\ProgramData\Expedition\Sails.  I can see the file above the Exp sailchart and the preview shows similar data.  Just cannot open it.  
On another machine it opens as I have seen a routing solution using this same sail chart!
I'm using a windows 10.

2/22/2018 11:37 am  #4

HH,
Try this:
In Exp Open your existing SailChart and click the Save As icon
point it to an outside file (say a thumb drive) and give it a name you'll recognize, say HitchHikerTest

Open F:/HitchHikerTest,txt and make the changes you want
Back in Exp in your SailChart click the OpenFile icon and scrole down to F:/ and click on your F:/HitchHikerTest,txt   it should open
Then in your SailChart click on SaveAs it will be pointed at C:/ and give it a name say HH2 and Save

It should be there
You can now fool around with a 'new' file and see what you're doing wrong
If you want you can PM me,
Cheers,
Ernie

2/22/2018 12:03 pm  #5

Thanks again Ernie.  Really interesting.  I can make changes to the HHsail file and open it. But, when I try to make changes to the problem file, it still won't open.  
So, I will build a new file under HH and use that.
May be something in the name protocol?

Cheers,
Doug.

Board footera