Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2018 12:17 am  #1

MARK handling in expedition logfile - moving marks

I just wonder how MARKS, and maybe more specifically moving marks, are handled in the expedition logfiles.
examples:
I create (and sail) a W/L course.
Then i adjust the marks and the precision of their position as we sail. Is this moving of marks logged in expedition log-files?
Then the wind shifts, and the top mark is moved, and i use the same course, just drag and drop the top mark to the new position. is this moving logged in expedition log-files?
Then, i shift the active mark back and forth, normally, i do not do the total two laps, just use one lap, and manually moves active mark back and forth. how is this active mark logged in expedition log-files?

and what about the start marks during a day? pinged several times?

when i use stripchart on logfiles, i believe i see the start-gun as specific lines. this i good. 
however, when i play a logfile in expedition, i wonder whether the active marks are in the correct position as during the sailing, as i have been moving them around...

i would like to see this for my analysis?
and i wonder how to select the correct marks when using KND race reply?

any help would be highly appreciated.

2/19/2018 4:00 pm  #2

Re: MARK handling in expedition logfile - moving marks

The mark and start positions are saved in the log file. If using Playback, you can tell Exp to use these. There is a button on the ribbon

Board footera