Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/20/2018 9:35 pm  #1

Sail chart not correctly displaying N, M or live data.

All the indicators show up, and the horizontal (TWA) appears correct but the vertical (TWS) appears to stay at about 3 knts. This appears to be a bigger problem as the polar BSP on a log playback shows basically the same thing (TWS=~1.0 kts)
The polar file works fine for routing etc, and the sail chart looks good and is used by optimizer.

Is my polar file corrupt or configured incorrectly? I believe I used the standard and modified it.

1/20/2018 10:50 pm  #2

Re: Sail chart not correctly displaying N, M or live data.

What do you see for TWS in a number box?

1/21/2018 5:16 am  #3

Real time number blocks including TWS looked fine (i believe or at least they were earlier in the day - I was on deck most  of the time). On the log playback the TWS shows 1.0.

On log file open, the number looked correct but immediately decremented to 1.0 and stayed there.

1/21/2018 12:07 pm  #4

It sounds as if the problem might be in the log file. Maybe send it to me.

1/21/2018 12:47 pm  #5

I think I found part of the issue - went to the boat and checked the TWS. In the number box (and strip chart), TWS is alternating from actual (~5.0kts) to 1.0 kts. Checked the H5000 source data and it was fine (no alternating). Couldn't find a good reason, so I tried using Expedition calculation and the number box quit alternating. I restarted Expedition, set the TWS calc to off and the problem went away - tried numerous reboot states and that is all working.

I thought the problem was solved until I got him and ran a playback on that short test period - Expedition recorded TWS=1.0kts even after the 'calc' fix that eliminated the alternating TWS display. It appears the number box display is now fine but the underlying logging data is still alternating (and really, showing mostly 1.0)

Any idea of a setting that would cause the TWS to alternate like that - given good source data?

I can send you a log, but the problem seems to be upstream of that. Worst case I can get Artie to take a look.

PS -  I also learned how the M and N display on the 1.0 TWS line - couldn't check the 'circle' as actual TWA was -9. Once I get the TWS issue resolved, I suppose the rest of the calculated numbers will be in line (wild polar bsp % was what caught our eye)

1/21/2018 2:34 pm  #6

Maybe you have tws from another source? Instrument or the Exp simulator?

Expedition calibrations selected?

1/30/2018 10:17 am  #7

Nick - I tried numerous ways to find the issue.I  tested back up machines and had no issues so its something in my setup.  Artie had me drop the registry keys and the problem went away.

Brad

Board footera