Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/23/2017 11:36 pm  #1

Control of H3000 instruments - Timer

Hi All,

In our old setup on a Swan 42, we were able to control the timer on the H3000 instruments, turning on and off the count down for the start.
Now we got a new laptop onboard, still with the same programs, drivers, interface etc, but the control of the timer is lost.
I am guessing the problem is in the setup file but I am littel lost here, can get  it to work.

I found a post about it here, but I can seem to find it again.

Do anyone have a link or a setup file?

thanks, merry Christmas

12/24/2017 9:04 am  #2

Re: Control of H3000 instruments - Timer

I've an H2000 Hercules set up on my Swan 43. I use the expedition timers, fed out on a custom channel that switches to an alternating dist/bearing to the mark after the start, and display that on the 2020s. Can you see all the B&G channels correctly in Exp? The config file will be the H3000_config in the instruments sub directory of the exp data folder. Your best bet might be to retrieve the old one off the old setup - it will have entries that are dependent on your setup - e.g., in my case, getting the heading feed from the Halcyon gyro attached via the ACP1 pilot. I'm happy to help you figure out what options should be set in the file, if you can explain your system config. Once you've got it right everything just works (though I've never tried to control the B&G timers)!

12/24/2017 2:34 pm  #3

Are you connected with HLink or NMEA?

With HLink, Exp should automatically send the #TC HLink sentence to set the start timer. No user input is required.

12/25/2017 12:30 am  #4

Hi all
It is a H-link, and to make sure we got the right drivers, due to the change from 32 to 64 bit, we retrieve a new BG 3000 driver for the laptop.
Never the less, it does not work.
I have tried to connect the old pc, to see if I could retrieve some information, but starting up the old pc is an engineering challenge, that is close to impossible.

all the best, kasper

Last edited by wedersoe (12/25/2017 7:22 am)

Board footera