ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2017 9:50 pm  #1


AusENC's don't load

Uggg... trying not to bother Nick on his birthday!  Looking for a little help on AusENC loading.  I believe I've done all properly:

User Permit entered - check
S-63 Cell permits imported - check
Base ISO data downloaded - check
Cumm ISO data downloaded - check
Can point search at ENC_ROOT and scan the folder but nothing loads.... )):

Some simple trick I'm missing but cannot locate "help" that references this anywhere.  I promise I'll post the solution when I know it,

Anyone?...Anyone...?... Buehler?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX UPDATE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOK...making some small progress...  folder needs to have everything in it and named V01X01.  Instructions weren't clear as they were talking about burning a CD and V01X01 being a "volume" names...  Still not getting all charts to load though...

Last edited by hldevore (12/06/2017 10:33 pm)

 

12/07/2017 2:49 pm  #2


Re: AusENC's don't load

Hello,

Don't point it at ENC_ROOT. Exp uses the SERIAL.ENC file etc, so point the search at the parent folder.

You need to extract the downloaded data to a folder (it can be any name, I just call my folder enc-base​ and enc-update​). You need to keep the base and update separate though.

There will be sub folders (ENC_ROOT, EXTRAS, INFO etc). Do not alter the directory structure in each zip archive though.

​The Exp help on ENCs does cover it fairly well (I think).
 

 

12/07/2017 2:49 pm  #3


Re: AusENC's don't load

Which charts are you trying to load?
I think the issue might be you downloading the iso files. These need to be decoded by a dvd emulator.
You should be downloading the zip files and extracting these to the relevant directories as described in the help file.
Cheers, Will.

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.