Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2017 3:15 am  #1

Tablet minimum spec

Is there a minimum processor / RAM spec for latest version the current chart licenses I have are c-map 4D Max looks like there are some reasonably priced 8" IP67 windows 10 tablets with 2GB RAM and quad core atom processors should expedition run okay on this with the 4max charts not worried being able to use the charts in the 3d mode but 2d and raster would be good??

Also not worried if routing is slow as this will primarily be used for NMEA info, tides, sail next leg and laylines.

Keith

11/21/2017 3:27 am  #2

Re: Tablet minimum spec

KW
Forgive me for being thick, are you asking about a tablet for running Expedition in terminal emulation mode (at least that's what is used to be called, Splashtop or whatever), or running Expedition on a tablet using instrument inputs?
I know what screen brightness means, I know what battery life means, I know what waterproofness means ... but I think from your question that isn't what you are asking
Cheers

11/21/2017 3:35 am  #3

looking to be able to actually run expedition itself. I know it would be fine to run remote with RDP but ideally I don't want to do that.

Thanks

11/21/2017 7:53 am  #4

As your main objective is to display Expedition (NMEA) channels, why not use Ventus Pro on your tablet?

11/21/2017 11:56 pm  #5

Currently use ventus pro but trying to avoid having to run a computer and an iPhone/ipad on the more casual races and have a bit more redundancy on the more serious races plus the tablets I'm looking at are cheaper than an ipad!!

​Still, looks like we will find out whether it will work as I've just ordered one!!

Keith

Board footera