Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2017 10:15 am  #1

Stripchart doesn't launch

Up to version 10.7.1 I had no issues with lauching stripchart. Then I updated directly to 10.7.6. I'm not 100% sure but I think the stripchart application stopped launching since this update. I'm running Expedition on Thinkpad T570 with WIN10 Pro 64. I have tried to do a repair installation and also updated the latest 10.7.7 but no success to get the stripchart running. Do you have any ideas what to try next?

11/05/2017 11:29 am  #2

Re: Stripchart doesn't launch

Hello,
The easy solution is to use the Expedition System restore app included with Exp.

11/06/2017 11:52 am  #3

Hi,

I assume I should delete the stripchart registry keys and then do a repair install. This did not solve the issue.

11/06/2017 12:10 pm  #4

Does Stripchart run if you don't have any other Exp apps running?

​A repair install shouldn't change anything. You could try deleting all registry keys, although that will reset some Exp settings.

​You could also ry deleting and stripchart configuration files in case one of those has got messed up.

11/07/2017 12:06 pm  #5

I tried to delete first only the stripchart keys with no success. Same result when deleting expedition keys as well. There is no difference if I try to launch it when expedition is open or without  any other programs open. When I run the stripchart it shows up for few seconds on task manger and then disappears. Which files are stripchart configs and where they should reside? Search from hard disk with "stripchart"  revealed long list of application crash reports.

11/07/2017 12:20 pm  #6

Mail me ...

Board footera