Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2017 6:27 am  #1

KND iDataNet working?

I am running Expedition v10.6.11 and use the KND iDataNet app. However, I only get Expedition´s iDataNet network connection to output something (as visible in the "Raw data" window) when selecting a TCP connection. 

However, the iDataNet app in my iphone only takes UDP broadcasts so I can´t get it to work.

Anyone else having the same problem?

10/06/2017 11:42 am  #2

Re: KND iDataNet working?

Hello,

​That should work. It is independent of the connection. Does the text at the top left of the connection page say open or closed?

10/07/2017 1:43 am  #3

Thanks for your prompt reply.
The connection page says closed (both for the TCP server and UDP option).
When looking at raw data, the TCP server option shows data strings outputted.
When doing the same thing with UDP option, no data is outputted in raw data window.

Other network options such as Expedition and NMEA183 works fine and shows the connection as open.

10/12/2017 1:59 pm  #4

Can anyone possibly confirm that they have the same problem? ...or not having it?

10/14/2017 2:08 am  #5

It turned out to be a firewall issue. if someone else has the same issue, the Resourse Monitor (resmon.exe) is a good tool to identify network ports in use. Just look at "listening ports".

In my case there was another process using the port 6001. Just changing the UDP port for iDataNet from the default one to a vacant one fixed the problem.

Board footera