Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2017 9:58 pm  #1

Time to complete a route optimization.

I am curious to get some feedback from other users.  There was a time before Expedition changed its 'resolution options' to the current High-Standard-Fast-Custom where I would often set resolution at 5-10nm. Whether I was using my laptop or a PC, the optimization was fairly quick (say 1-2 minutes) to complete for an ETA of 2-5 days out.

These days I find that if I use the Custom option the optimization takes forever.  As a result, I tend to use the High option, which seems to work quite ok.  

However, I'm curious to find out if others have noticed this change or not.   Perhaps there is also something in the settings that I have missed.  I used to use the Custom option to get approx 15 minute course change information, whereas when I use the High option, usually the course change data is spaced out at around one per hour or even longer.

cheers 

7/09/2017 11:07 pm  #2

Re: Time to complete a route optimization.

Avoid vector land, race notes can be expensive.

7/10/2017 3:07 am  #3

Re: Time to complete a route optimization.

Avoid vector land charts seems to be my culprit. Many thanks Nick. I only have the world chart loaded. For now I'll see how I go routing without any avoid land options ticked, and see how I go when close to land.

Board footera