Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2017 12:07 pm  #1

On Playback, the active mark often jumps briefly to another mark

In Playback mode, the active mark of the course jumps briefly to another mark (not part of the course and not shown), then reverts back to the correct one.

Oddly enough, if I pause Playback while the incorrect mark is active, it stays active for a couple of seconds and then reverts to correct mark (even though playback is paused).

Looking at the log file, the lat/long of the active mark appears in the data every 30 seconds or so.  But the data is always the same -- that of the active mark, not the incorrect mark.

Known problem?  Is there a fix?

Thanks,
DM

6/29/2017 12:57 pm  #2

Re: On Playback, the active mark often jumps briefly to another mark

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that - will investigate.

Do you have the marks button on the payback ribbon panel selected?

One solution is not to have an active mark.

Last edited by Nick (6/29/2017 1:06 pm)

6/29/2017 2:28 pm  #3

Nick,

Slight correction: The active mark when racing was not the same as the active mark set in playback.

So every thirty seconds or so, when the log file had the lat/long of the 'actual' active mark, it jumped to it.  Then back after a bit when the log entries were blank for active mark lat/long.

So the only thing is, the button that allows one to chose to use the log file active mark (or not) doesn't seem to be working -- that is, it uses the log file active mark in any case, at least momentarily.

Thanks,

DM

6/29/2017 2:34 pm  #4

I will have a look at it ...

6/30/2017 3:35 am  #5

DM,
When you have Playback activated,  is Expedition connected to the instruments of you boat at the same time?    I noticed that when still connected to the boat instruments Exp processes a mixture of the simulated/playback data and the actual data from the instruments. This indeed gives a 'jumpy'  experience.  Switch off your instruments and all is fine.

Last edited by ZeeZee (6/30/2017 3:36 am)

Board footera