Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2015 12:33 am  #1

Accepted USB GPS receiver

The trial installation of Expedition does not let me connect to other devices (my external GPS connected to my laptop - running WINDOWS 10), but before I buy a licence I need to know if the software recognises the USB receiver GlobalSat BU-353S4 output. Is there anybody here who knows or could point me into the right direction?

11/15/2015 7:59 am  #2

Re: Accepted USB GPS receiver

I've done it, should not be a problem, just needs to be set up in Exp menus.

pjl

11/15/2015 4:34 pm  #3

I'll be trying to make that configuration work tonight (it didn't work up front as a simple plug and play but there are some parameters I need to play with).

Once I get it going I'll let you know the values needed.

11/15/2015 6:52 pm  #4

Hello,

You need to select the appropriate instrument type for the port.

11/15/2015 8:31 pm  #5

It works with the GlobalSat (Windows 10 too).

Just select NMEA 0183 as the instrument, it picks the 4800 baud rate, and it's all good after that....

11/21/2022 3:54 pm  #6

GlobalSat BU-353S4 5Hz   Can someone tell me the configuration in Expedition for this devise.  I have installed the driver and I see the raw data in instruments for the selected port, but no data shows up in EXP

Any help wld be appreciated, thanks 

Jerry

11/21/2022 4:43 pm  #7

You will need to select NMEA 0183 as the instrument type.

In the GPS page, you will nee to select the port to use for GPS data.

11/22/2022 1:45 pm  #8

GlobalSat BU-353 S4
The problem is not with Expedition but to the best of my trouble shooting the devise does not work with Windows 10 64.  I tried all type of different drivers and I cannot get NMEA 183 Gps data from the devise. I used the devise GPSinfo tool and could never get a satellite fix even though devise show a connection with led  Can anybody recommend another USB GPS antenna?  Thanks.  

Jerry

11/22/2022 2:25 pm  #9

Maybe revisit that premise.

I have a BU-353S4 in the office and it works as expected with Win 11. It will have worked with Win10 too.

Board footera