Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/13/2015 2:07 am  #1

Navigators Log

Hello All,

I know that I can use the logger to extract this information but that is only after the log file has been closed. I wonder how difficult it would be to have a separate box where data such as position, sea temp, depth, baro pressure, time, TWD and TWS etc could be displayed as you are sailing, updated at a regular interval, users definable. Saves the nav hand writing and is always in your face, accurate and not missed. If it could also be saved as a PDF and printed later would be excellent.

Cheers.

11/13/2015 9:36 am  #2

Re: Navigators Log

Jaffar

I don't think I understand your question.  Isn't the data you are looking for displayable in the Number boxes - displayed in real time as you sail - and fully configurable.  If you want to record a specific event you can Set an event, with extensive notes.  You can correlate that back to your log if you need to.

Additionally strip chart allows you to display any boat data in graphed format - in real time.  and you can set events there too.

Maybe you could explain a little more.

11/15/2015 3:03 am  #3

Fergal,

I probably badly worded the request.

A window which displays selected data on a time basis, line by line after one hour, two hours etc such that you have a history of barometric pressure, TWS, TWD etc for that selected time period readily accessable in front of you.

11/15/2015 1:29 pm  #4

Jaffar

As I was driving to Santa Barbara yesterday, I was thinking about your message and now know exactly what you are looking for.  It makes a lot of sense.  I see it as being a separate application reading from the database-  a little like strip chart.  I'm going to do some research and might even write it myself if I have time.

F.

11/16/2015 3:55 pm  #5

Hi Gents, have you looked at the Report function under Racing. This was set up for this exact reason. From memory it is in 10 minute time steps. You can even export it as a text file. This has been used in the VOR for performance analysis reporting to the crew. We printed it out on the thermal printer on board.
Cheers,
Will.

11/17/2015 5:44 am  #6

I have had a look at the report function in the sail tab. It accumulates the data but does not appear to have a adjustment as to period of captured data and you cannot leave it on screen while you are using other functions within Expedition.

2/27/2016 2:36 am  #7

Just a bump. Is this being looked at?

Board footera