Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2017 2:54 pm  #1

Raymarine Wireless-to-PC

I am trying to establish the method by which I can connect a Raymarine Wireless (formerly Tacktick) T-122 Interface to my laptop in order to get the NMEA sentences delivered by the Tacktick processed by Expedition into righteous racing data. The T-122 has a NMEA Out terminal with one each + and - screw and my laptop has the usual usb and DB9 serial ports.

Tacktick materials allege that the T-122 will deliver data to a PC after it is "plugged in" and the Expedition Help file provides information concerning interfacing with the T-122 but I have not been able to develop any information concerning the proper hardware to make the connection or the schematic of the electrical connections that should be made.  

I have reviewed the ad copy for the Digital Yacht USB-to-NMEA Adaptor which seems as if it might fit the bill to make the connection but its drivers are claimed to be compatible with Windows systems up to / including 7 but no mention is made of Windows 10. Also, I am concerned about issues with the data being RS232 vs RS422,  

Anyone on here with any applicable experience / insight. Thanks.

4/16/2017 3:09 pm  #2

Re: Raymarine Wireless-to-PC

4/16/2017 3:20 pm  #3

Thanks Nick,

You nailed it. For some reason every T-122 manual that I was able to download did not have the connection schematic that was included in your link. It answered my every question and provided what I needed to make the simple connections through a DB9 plug.

Thanks big time. This could get me a ride at Antigua Sailing Week if I can convince the boat that I am rudimentarily proficient.       

5/08/2017 4:35 am  #4

And what a ride it was Joe! The system was still having issues getting data from the T122.  The only thing I was able to log was Boat GPS.  I think it had something to do with drivers in windows needing to be updated to work with the USB to Serial Cable.  We were running Windows 10 in Parallel on an Apple Mac Book in the situation I am describing but I now have a straight up Windows 10. Where can I find these Drivers? 

5/08/2017 11:35 am  #5

Many/most just work, else you will need to get drivers from the manufacturer.

Does it appear as a serial port in Exp?

Board footera