Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2017 1:49 pm  #1

NECESSARY Ventus Update

NOTE! If you have downloaded Android version 1.13 of Ventus PRO you MUST download the newest version of Expedition, version 10.5.18, that Nick just released. There was a problem with 10.5.17 that caused the Alternating Data Channels to refresh very slowly.

The iOS version 3.4 has been released by the APP Store and can now be downloaded. It also need Expedition version 10.5.18 for the new features to work correctly.

4/08/2017 6:12 am  #2

Re: NECESSARY Ventus Update

iOS version 3.4 pro not showing all courses. (From List of ~30)
Slots 0-5 populate and then displayed
List has seemingly random mix of labeled courses and interposed "course xx"

Selecting the few that are displayed causes them to be active.

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

4/08/2017 9:37 am  #3

Using Exp 4D version 10.5.18 (On W10 Pro) and Ventus 1.13 on Android (Nexus 7 with Android 6.01).
Displaying the 3 'sails' channels works great.

However, I have some issue with alternating channels:
- Ventus does not display name of the actual data displayed.  Instead "Alt 2", "Alt 5" etc is displayed. This is the case for both timer- and course based alternating channels.
- When I use a 'timer' based Alternating channel (e.g. alternate every 3 seconds) the data is indeed alternating, however the content is not correct.  E.g. when I alternate between Sail Mark and Sail Next Mark, Ventus toggles between displaying "270" and "271" instead of "J2" and "A2"  (the values Exp shows in the number boxes)..
- When I use an Alternating channel that is dependent on course (upwind/reach/downwind) Ventus does not show any data at all  (while a number box in Exp showing the exact same alternating channel nicely changes with course).

As soon as I hit the "EXP com" button, Ventus crashes, so not able to test the option to change active course.

4/08/2017 11:05 am  #4

Update:
Using a Nexus 6P with Android 7.1.2 connecting to the same Exp setup:    same issues as above with Android 6.01, except that changing courses works fine (no crash).

4/09/2017 7:06 am  #5

Went to document for Harry, and today all courses are showing up. Seem to be in order of creation, not alphabetical on ventus pro. 

Semiconductor Development Engineer, Retired Viticulturalist, Occasional sailor
"Lioness" 1962 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom Yawl

4/09/2017 11:02 am  #6

Update:
Also tried with Nexus 10 running Android 5.1.1.    This gives the exact same results as with the Nexus 7 on Android 6.0.1

The previous release of Ventus worked fine on these Nexus devices (the alternating channels displaying "Alt ...."  as the description, but the values were fine).  Also I never had a crash when clicking the EXP Com button.

4/09/2017 11:05 am  #7

I think the issue of all the courses not showing up is just that it takes a bit of time for Ventus to download the info from Expedition.​We have heard from several people with Android devices that the Alternating Data display is not working correctly, but we have also heard from other that it is. So at this point we are trying to figure out what the difference is. I would like to hear from users who have tried Android Version 1.13 with Expedition 10.5.18 and let me know if it is working for you, what version of Android OS you are using, what type of device you have, and if yo are running the standard version of Exp or the 4D version. 

Thanks, Harry
support@ventusnavigation.com 

Board footera