Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/14/2017 2:43 am  #1

Plotting separate ships....

Hi,
I use my Expedition to help give weather and routing information and normally plot each ships course and movement as I go along. I can't seem to find out how to plot more than one ship at a time in different areas of the world when routing several ships, is there a way to do this or instead save a file per individual ship which can be re-opened when plotting the next leg? I would appreciate any help, have looked online and notes and most seem to deal with individual users or following more than one sailing boat in racing events? 

Thank you 

2/14/2017 11:37 am  #2

Re: Plotting separate ships....

MG,
You're probably trying to use the Race Tracker and maybe you can figure out how to do that.  But here's one trick I used when tracking a couple boats doing a RTW.  I created a route called BOAT1 and each time I received a pos update added a new End Mark at the new pos, I labeled each Mark 'B120170214' and locked the Mark so it didn't get nudged.  You can use 'Always Show' on the Mark if you always want it to show or choose form Mark Management "Set Active" to turn the 'Route' on and off. 
After a while you can get a feel for the route and can extend it to the next turning point (say the Horn) and get a nice GC line imposed on your overlay of WX.  Low tech but it worked.
PM me if you want more details.
Ernie M

2/14/2017 12:02 pm  #3

Re: Plotting separate ships....

I would think Race Tracker is the way to go.

​You can add extra boats - click on 'Boats' on the sail panel.

​Then in Race Tracking, you can manually add positions.

Board footera