Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2017 11:56 pm  #1

Adding multible marks to a route

Mark Management dialog box:
I often hat to add +20 marks to a route. Is there a way to add multiple marks at once?

2/05/2017 2:43 am  #2

Re: Adding multible marks to a route

Olson,
I haven't done that exactly but I think you can probably accomplish this by using, under the Marks tab, the Export feature, putting your individual Marks into a .csv file(s) then manipulate them with MSExcel or OpenOffice Calc into one .csv file then use the Exp Marks/Import CSV to bring them back into Exp.

If you have a Garmin platform, such as HomePort or a Garmin plotter to work with, you could probably do this by Export(ing) a GPX file the same way.
Cheers,
Ernie

“If you don't know where you are going,
you'll end up someplace else.”
Yogi Berra

2/05/2017 3:26 am  #3

Ernie
This is exactly  how I edit my Marks/Waypoints. But how to add them to a route? The import does not work for routes, right?
Cheers Olsen370

2/05/2017 3:41 am  #4

Olson,
I'm not sure.  I know I have Imported whole Routes from my Garmin Quatix to Exp.
It would be a nice feature to be able to  use the Windows click then shift/click on a list of marks.  The Marks from right column to left column seems a bit clumsy.  Why don't you write it up and put it in the "Suggestions for new features" section of this Forum.
Cheers,
Ernie

Yogi Berra

2/05/2017 5:41 am  #5

Olsen,
I just tried downloading a route from my Quatix (GPX format) It pops right into the Courses/routes side of the Mark Management.

Tried creating a .csv file and Imported it.  Worked OK but it pops right into the Mark/Waypoint side

Not a real hardship to open a new route on the left and select and click << from the right...just a bit tedious!
Ernie

Yogi Berra

2/13/2018 12:49 pm  #6

When I import a list of marks in a route, where does it end up and how is it labeled?

2/15/2018 6:14 pm  #7

Hitchhiker,
It will be on the right hand side when you go to the Mark Management page
(Marks/Edit Marks) It keeps it's original name even though you may have changed the file name

You can try it by going to Marks/Export GPX/Export Active Route only point it at say a thumb drive,
Delete the route in Exp, then insert your thumb drive and Import it

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Ernie

Yogi Berra

2/21/2018 9:38 pm  #8

Thanks Ernie.
Unfortunately does not work for me.  When I try to export i go into Details/export. option is csv or txt files. export to a different destination. Import same, but it does not show up on the right hand side!!

Board footera