Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2017 12:38 pm  #1

Course window

I purchased expedition and am working thru the northu 101 course.   I have set the marks for the Chicago-Mac race - and they are all good.   But when I go to window- course on the top right of the screen it starts my course from "boat" going to mark 1.   Mark 1 is the first mark listed under easy marks, and easy marks are set is set as active.  The boat position it is starting from is located just off the top of venuzela.   Based on the bearing and range I set a reciprocal course to see if there was an erroneous mark there.  There was nothing.  I have cleared all of my other marks, and have set the boat position under playback at the starting mark just off Chicago.  If I hit the MOB button it sets the MOB at the boat position which is the first mark just off Chicago, not venuzela.  How do I set the boat at the first mark on a course?
Thanks

2/04/2017 5:48 pm  #2

Re: Course window

Neils,
I lookat at my 'courses' and the top row from Boat to Mark 1 is blank
row two shows what you want it to i.e. data for each leg A-OK

So I tried to figure what you might have set wrong
In Settings/Opt Routing untick the Optimize from current pos and time no change

Then I went to Playback/Position it shows a L/L wher the oat is and as soon as I click OK, the top row in the course box plugs in the Boat to Mark 1 Range and adds it to the total.   Just what you have!!!
I could not turn it back off maye I'm missing something, I finally dumped the session with Task Manager and got everything back to normal
I tried it a couple more times with the same result.

Maybe someone else can jump in and straighten me out?
Sorry,
Ernie

2/04/2017 6:43 pm  #3

Hello,

​I had never noticed that (clicking on simulator position etc). I see it is left over from the old behaviour for that button before the simulator was incorporated into Exp from a standalone app.

Update: Have thought about this some more and the logic is probably correct. The simulate button sets winds and allows the boat to move.

​The position button manually sets the boat position. There may be times you want to do this.

Last edited by Nick (2/04/2017 6:50 pm)

2/04/2017 7:26 pm  #4

Ernie M. Thanks. I shut down and restarted after saving easy marks.  You are correct, it came back up with zero distance from boat to mark 1 - everything looks good - so I can now finish the 101 homework.  Having problems like this makes me dig deeper into the menus trying to figure things out. - so something gained!

Board footera