Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2016 5:07 pm  #1

PolBsp keeps flipping to zero

I am on version 10.4.17
I use PolBsp in number boxes but every now and then (maybe a bit more frequently) it keeps displaying 0.00.  I figured I was going off the end of the table where there is no value (eg: going through the tack) and getting stuck there... but it will do it even when sailing in a straight line for no apparent reason.​The polar table is set to 100%.  The format of the file appears to be correct (I notice a number of different formats that come with Expedition with the odd strange character but it seems not to mind those).Anyone else noticed this?  Any idea under what circumstances this would occur ? I guess my next step is to load another polar file and try to replicate it.

10/13/2016 5:41 pm  #2

Re: PolBsp keeps flipping to zero

Does TWS ever go to zero?

​Maybe send me a copy of the polar.

10/13/2016 6:05 pm  #3

No the TWS stays reading normally (which is why I cannot figure it out).  I am going down the coast tomorrow so will get some screen shots of it happening and send you the polar file as well.

Before I do that I will try one of the other polar files as well and see what it does.

Thought there might be a known situation where my fat figures changed something in the settings accidentally.... it used to work fine. 

Thanks

10/13/2016 6:22 pm  #4

The only inputs to polar bsp are TWA, TWS and the polar itself, so it has to be one of those.

Board footera