ExpeditionExpedition Navigation Software


Click Here for Expedition Assistant - AI Chatbot

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/14/2016 1:56 am  #1


Europe Tides Model

I'm working on some routing and trying to get tides working in the West of England. The helpfile suggests there should be a European Tide model, but I cannot see it in the list.

Does anyone know where I can get this info please.

Thanks,
Rob

 

 

9/14/2016 2:29 am  #2


Re: Europe Tides Model

I have also read a previous question about tides which suggests building polars for 6 knots at all wind speeds/angles. I did this, checked "use tidal streams" and ran the routes, but there is no change in route time suggesting tides are not being used. Am I  issing something? I can see the tidal vectors on the chart, which changes as I scroll fwd in time, so I assume I have some tidal info.

Thanks

     •Thread Starter
 

9/14/2016 3:31 pm  #3


Re: Europe Tides Model

If the tidal vectors on the chart are C-Map, Exp can't use these in any useful way.

​Mail me for UK tidal streams.

 

7/28/2017 6:30 am  #4


Re: Europe Tides Model

Hi Nick

Same problem here. In optimum I like to calculate with Europe tidal streams. I only can select US models. The optimum does not calculate with tidal streams shown on the map. What to do?

THANKS!!
Suzanne

 

7/28/2017 12:18 pm  #5


Re: Europe Tides Model

You have to select 'Use tidal streams' in the optimal routing settings for Proudman etc.

Mail me for UK tidal streams.

 

Board footera




Check out RaceData for iOS and Android. Expedition data in the palm of your hand, or on your wrist! RaceData

Interested in advertising here? Over one thousand active navigators and Expedition users visit this forum. Click here to contact the administrator.