Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/04/2016 1:26 am  #1

SailChart bug or undocumented requirement?

In preparation for PacCup 2016 I was creating a sail chart for the SC50 I will be navigating in.  Yes, I know, should have been done a long time ago, etc, etc.  but this was not up to me.  In any case, this is a new boat to me and I'm working with the raw data provided.  I used the provided sail selection data to create the required Expedition sail chart text file but when loading this the wind angle at the top would not show up.  After much experimenting and comparing with the reference sailchart text file that comes with Expedition I got the TWA numbers to show up at the top.  This required changing every wind angle on the text file to be a multiple of 5 or 10.  Expedition did not seem to care about the increment in TWS but any increment in TWA not a multiple of 5 or 10 would cause the TWA on top of the sail chart display to disappear.  What gives?

Last edited by alphapuppy (7/04/2016 1:28 am)

7/04/2016 2:45 am  #2

Re: SailChart bug or undocumented requirement?

The twa increment shouldn't matter (I hope).

Maybe send me the sailchart that isn't working for you.

7/04/2016 3:13 am  #3

Re: SailChart bug or undocumented requirement?

Sure, happy to do that.  The simple multiple of 5 fix I mention between the 2 files seems to fix the issue.  But how do I attach a file here?  It does not seem to let me do that...

Board footera