Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2024 8:12 am  #1

Raymarine Chartplotters...

What features can Expedition support on Raymarine hybridtouch chart plotters?
We have upgraded to a new boat that has 3 already installed 12" Raymarine hybridtouch displays.

I haven't gotten down to the boat to start setting up anything yet.
Does anyone have the ablity to send waypoints/otherdata to a raymarine plotter? It would be great to send the active waypoint to the plotters as we will be sailing double handed a lot of the time and the less manual activity the better. (If I can drive the plotter with the expedition then I only have to activate the waypoint in exp to make it clear where we are supposed to be going.

1/07/2024 4:19 pm  #2

Re: Raymarine Chartplotters...

Hey Sparky,

It's been a few years since I've used Raymarine gear. Still, I remember that I could send the active waypoint to the Raymarine instruments using the various appropriate PGNs, but this was likely on older E7-type plotters with older network setups.

Hopefully, the newer ones aren't like B&G Plotters, which won't accept any navigation source except for themselves.  (Though there are tricks)

Board footera