Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2016 8:46 am  #1

Can't clear goto cursor ?

I had a course selected and then I did a goto cursor and now I can't seem to clear the "goto cursor".  Every time I go to the "edit marks" page and select a course and "set active" the course I want to use, the course will pop up in the course window for a second and them go back to the "goto cursor".  

I've tried getting out and back in, but nothing seems to cancel the "goto Cursor"

Thanks
Steve

4/22/2016 1:14 pm  #2

Re: Can't clear goto cursor ?

What do you mean "goto cursor"

4/22/2016 1:45 pm  #3

If you are on a chart and you right click you get a list of options. I chose route to cursor.  Now I can't Change it.   
Thanks.
Steve

4/22/2016 2:18 pm  #4

The route to cursor is completely separate to any marks. It is just a way to do a routing to a selected location.
 It does not affect marks. You can set a mark or route and optimise that.

4/22/2016 2:42 pm  #5

But I would love to see a "go to cursor option" for when working offline.  Setting the boat location via Lat and Long is a little tedious and prone to error.

4/22/2016 8:14 pm  #6

That is where you just use two or more marks.
 ​Goto cursor and route via cursor are just shortcuts to make some operations easier.

4/25/2016 10:11 am  #7

I figured it out.  It turns out I have a older RayMarine instruments with NMEA 0183 output going into a Vasper AIS.  The only a couple NMEA outputs are being routed to Expedition for some reason.  In the raw data output i found  -
$ECBWC,215750,3342.32,N,11805.75,W,157.0,T,144.0,M,2.70,N,GOTO CURSOR,A*6F
or
$ECAPB,A,A,0.000,L,N,V,V,144.0,M,GOTO CURSOR,144.0,M,,,A*2D

When I turned off the NMEA sentences to receive "CUR" I was able to set active marks for the route I wanted.

Not sure why this overrode my selected route.
Thanks
Steve

4/25/2016 10:17 am  #8

Nick wrote:

The route to cursor is completely separate to any marks. It is just a way to do a routing to a selected location.
 It does not affect marks. You can set a mark or route and optimise that.

FYI - I will need to do some more testing, but the problem I was seeing may have been incidental to the fact that I did the quick link to "route to Cursor" just before I started to see the "Goto Cursor" message and not being able to choose the route I wanted.
Thanks 

Board footera