Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2016 3:05 pm  #1

Uh oh .... this may be Windows 10 or MS security patch

On opening Expedition "The MS Jet database cannot open the file c:....expedition.mdb.  It is opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data".  Pressing Enter three times overcomes this and opens Expedition, but then I can't save anything inside Expedition e.g. a change to Marks.dat.

I've recently gone to Windows 10 - not a happy experience - but have also just had an accounting software problem apparently as a result of a MS security patch.

I don't think I'll be alone on this one.

3/11/2016 6:23 pm  #2

Re: Uh oh .... this may be Windows 10 or MS security patch

Hello,
​Not being able to write to Marks.dat as well suggests you have lost write access to the Expedition data folder.
That is easily fixed.
Have you changed the user account or your privileges?
Nick 

3/11/2016 6:36 pm  #3

No, just upgraded Win 7 to Win 10.  That may involve security changes, but not my doing.
D

3/21/2016 6:31 pm  #4

i'm running into the same issues.  I haven't had a whole lot of luck adjusting the permissions at this point, but I'll get the professionals involved tomorrow and see if that solves it. 

3/21/2016 8:29 pm  #5

Nick had me change the permissions on Expedition.mdb, which was the file mentioned in the error message.  That solved the problem.

3/21/2016 8:32 pm  #6

If that is the case, you are probably better doing it for the data folder and all its contents

Board footera