Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2019 6:32 pm  #1

Displaying Expedition Data on Triton 2 & H5000 Graphic Displays

I recently installed an H5000 Hercules and have networked via N2K a Zeus 3 12", Triton 2 displays and an H5000 Graphic display.  I am running Expedition connected to the H5000 Hercules via websocket.  I see that I can setup alternating channels in Expedition to send to the H5000.  What I haven't figured out is how to get this to show on the Triton 2 and H5000 Graphic displays.  

Does anyone have some pointers on how to do this?  I can't find anything in the B&G documentation.

3/04/2019 12:51 am  #2

Re: Displaying Expedition Data on Triton 2 & H5000 Graphic Displays

You can select what data to output to the 10 Remote channels from within the H5000 websocket settings in the instrument connection dialogue.

Don't know about Triton but you select the remote data on the H5000 graphic displays under the 'User' menu.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

3/04/2019 6:01 am  #3

Thanks Campbell. 

Next time I'm at the boat I'll try that with the H5000 Graphic and also report back on what I find with the Triton 2 displays so others will know.

3/22/2019 11:52 am  #4

I can report that the alternating displays work on the Triton 2 displays exactly the same as the H5000 Graphic displays.  The data is available under User and it displays the label sent from Expedition with a check box to select it.  I was playing with it on the boat this afternoon.  Unfortunately the boat is still on the hard so am limited by the data available.  The label created for the user channel is displayed.  

This may be my lack of knowledge on how the setup & sending data works but I am unable to get the units displayed.  For example if I send wind speed I don't know how to make the display show kts or for wind angle and show the degree symbol, similar to the way the B&G displays normally annotate the data.  Can this be done with the data send from Expedition? 

Last edited by Vento Solare (3/22/2019 11:55 am)

6/08/2021 11:11 am  #5

I'm also trying to send alternating data to the Triton, but I don't see a 'User' menu option in the available data channels? Any ideas, anyone?

6/08/2021 12:20 pm  #6

Do you mean in Expedition? If so, you select the data to send on the B&G settings pages in Exp.

6/08/2021 10:28 pm  #7

Vento Solare wrote:

I can report that the alternating displays work on the Triton 2 displays exactly the same as the H5000 Graphic displays.  The data is available under User and it displays the label sent from Expedition with a check box to select it.  I was playing with it on the boat this afternoon.  Unfortunately the boat is still on the hard so am limited by the data available.  The label created for the user channel is displayed.  

This may be my lack of knowledge on how the setup & sending data works but I am unable to get the units displayed.  For example if I send wind speed I don't know how to make the display show kts or for wind angle and show the degree symbol, similar to the way the B&G displays normally annotate the data.  Can this be done with the data send from Expedition? 

Apologies for the late reply to this, the recent posts brought it to my attention!

The User channels are just receiving data and are unaware of units, so no, you cannot have deg or kt etc shown in the data field, however you could use the custom name to show units in the descriptor tag. i.e. TWS_kt or TWA_deg

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

6/09/2021 12:29 am  #8

Nick wrote:

Do you mean in Expedition? If so, you select the data to send on the B&G settings pages in Exp.

I've selected the data I want to send in the B&G settings pages in Exp - I put them in the Timer 1 and Timer 2 columns. I did nothing else apart from restart Expedition and the B&G. Then when I go to the Triton and try to display that information, there is no 'User' channel in the data channels menu. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious... but it's not clear what!

6/09/2021 1:31 am  #9

That sound as if you have set up the alternating channels.

You need to tell Exp to send that channel to the B&G. Go to the Websocket connection window in Exp and click the settings button.

1/14/2022 7:28 pm  #10

HambleStraggler wrote:

Nick wrote:

I've selected the data I want to send in the B&G settings pages in Exp - I put them in the Timer 1 and Timer 2 columns. I did nothing else apart from restart Expedition and the B&G. Then when I go to the Triton and try to display that information, there is no 'User' channel in the data channels menu. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious... but it's not clear what!

Did you get this resolved? I may have a similar problem in that i can get H5000 data into Expedition  but i cant seem to get any of the defined external channels in Expedition to appear in the H5000.

Board footera