Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2016 1:06 pm  #1

Windows 10 and B&G H3000 Problem

I am installing a new computer in my boat that is set up WIndows 10. I installed Expedition 10.2.12 and found that the instrument data does not consistently come through. It is set up as NMEA 4800baud 8,0,1 just like my old windows 7 system. I am receiving data via the B&G Serial port with an USB adapter attached. If I put on the WIndows 7 old laptop, everything is fine, When I attach the Windows 10 system, it will start out fine, then I stop receiving data. Sometimes I will get the GPS data, and sometimes not. If I look at the data coming in from the Instruments panel, it will show that nothing is coming in. Any suggestions?

1/29/2016 1:10 pm  #2

Re: Windows 10 and B&G H3000 Problem

Hello,​Does it say port open or closed at the top of the instrument interface in Exp.What sort of USB adaptor? Is the driver up to date?Nick

2/05/2016 3:28 pm  #3

Thanks for the tips, Nick. I tried updating the drivers for the Serial to USB adapter only to fine the chipset in the adapter didn't support Windows 10. I ordered a new adapter that is supported by Windows 10, loaded the drivers and everything is working now.

2/05/2016 5:55 pm  #4

Hi Rick,
Let me know if you have any more problems. We highly recommend the Actisesense adapters because they solve a lot of the problems.

Harry Pattison
Ventus Navigation

Board footera